Sufjan Stevens is proud to present The BQE, a cinematic suite inspired by the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway and the Hula-Hoop. Commissioned by Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM), The BQE was originally performed in the Howard Gilman Opera House in celebration of the 25th anniversary Next Wave Festival in October of 2007.
The BQE is available as a double-disc format (CD/DVD), which includes the original 16mm/8mm film (in widescreen "triptych" display), the original motion picture soundtrack, a 40-page booklet (with extensive liner notes and photographs), and the stereoscopic image reel (playable in all View-Master® viewers).
- 1. Prelude
- 2. Introductory Fanfare
- 3. In the Countenance of Kings
- 4. Sleeping Invader
- 5. Dream Sequence in Subi Circumnavigation
- 6. Linear Tableau with Intersecting Surprise
- 7. Traffic Shock
- 8. Self-Organizing Emergent Patterns
- 9. Subi Power Waltz
- 10. Invisible Accidents
- 11. Isorhythmic Night Dance with Interchanges
- 12. The Emperor of Centrifuge
- 13. Postlude