Revelation were formed in the mid-80’s in the then small town of Jupiter, Florida.From day one Revelation began writing and rehearsing original music and set out to quickly hone their songwriting beyond the bands jam room by hitting the stage with well known local acts such as Lady Sabre, Intruder, Warinstoch and Eden Rock; as well as national acts such as Messiah Prophet and Barren Cross. In 1988 the band would enter a popular West Palm Beach studio, Saturn Sound Studios, to record their first demo. The result of this session was the 3-song demo “Visions”. The tape would go on to garner the band favorable press and a growing fan-base due to the burgeoning tape trading circuit of the time.
Over the course of the next year, the band would continue hitting stages across the State (with chaperones as they were all still in high school) and writing new music. In 1988, armed with and albums worth of material, the band teamed up with local producer Steven Miles to independently record their first album, “Spiritual Wind”.
Revelation would continue to gain momentum over the next few years, including talks with major label Atlantic Records. Eventually in 1991 the band would call it a day with three of the five members moving onto their next chapter as Brother Grimm. ThrashBack Records is pleased to announce the release of this 30th Anniversary Edition. This release also marks the first title in our planned “Florida Metal Archive Series”.
“Spiritual Wind” (the original cassette release) has remained a sought after collectable among Heavy Metal fans all over the world for the past 30 years. Copies have been known to sell for hundreds of dollars.
· This 30th Anniversary release marks the first time these recording have ever appeared on CD.
· All audio has been remastered from the original 1/4” analog masters by respected Mastering Engineer Rob Colwell of Bombworks Sound.
· Bonus DVD features the bands full live performance at the renowned Cornerstone Festival from 1989, as well as 4 bonus live songs filmed between 1988 and 1989 (3 of which were never recorded) and behind the scenes footage filmed between 1988 and 1990.
· Features a 12-page booklet featuring a historical Q&A with original band members and rare archival photographs.
· This 2-Disc set is limited to a pressing of 500 copies.
· Classic U.S. Metal for fans of Judas Priest, Leatherwolf, (early) Dokken, Barren Cross